Department of Sanitation-Microbiological and Sanitation-Virological Studies
The main goal of the Department is holding sanitary-microbiological studies.
- Studying pesticide formulations’ effect on saprophyte environmental microflora;
- Experiments on disinfecting and antiseptic substances;
- Sanitation-microbiological studies aimed at detection of quantitative and qualitative composition of biopreparations used in agriculture as herbicides and pesticides as well as for increasing plant fertility.
- Assessment of effect on the human health of contamination of the working are air using various microbiological formulations.
- Microbiological assessment of environmental objects and products.
Basic characteristics tested in the department:
- Detecting changes in the modeled environmental microflora under pesticide formulation action;
- Defining specific activity of biocides, disinfectants and sterilization substances;
- Microbiological tests of drinking water, reservoir water, sewage water and water of environmental objects;
- Microbiological studies of cleaning substances and perfumery with cosmetics (С.albicans, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, etc.);
- Identification and quantification of sanitary indicative microorganisms
- Assessment of the applicability (validation) of methods for determining the quantitative composition of biological products used in agriculture;
- Assessment of the applicability (validation) of methods for determining the bactericidal action of disinfectants and antiseptics for medicine, food and other industries, household use d.
The laboratory has all the necessary equipment for microbiological research (thermostats, laminar boxes, centrifuges, autoclaves, pH meters, scales, CO2 incubators, microscopes, etc.).