Department of Prosthetic Dentistry
Educational and public work
• International student Olympiad in dental orthopedics (Minsk, Belarus), April 2008 – 1 st position;
• ХІІ International Congress of Students and Young Scientists (Ternopil’), April 2008 – 1 st position;
• All-Ukrainian competition of student’s research works in “Dentistry ” (Ternopil’), April 2008 – 1 st position;
• All-Ukrainian competition for the best practical work among students-dentists “Expert 2008” (Lviv’), April 2008. – 2 nd position;
• International intellectual competition “Dental brain-ring ” (Kyiv NMU), May 2008 – 1 st position;
• International Scientific and Practical Conference of Students “Innovations in medicine ” (Kyiv, NMU), English section – 1 st, 2 nd and 3 rd positions;
• International Scientific and Practical Conference of Students “Innovations in medicine ” (Kyiv, NMU), Russian section – 2 nd and 3 rd positions;
• All-Ukrainian student Olympiad in “Dentistry”. Level ІІ (Poltava). The higher state educational institution of Ukraine “Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy”, April 2009 – 2 nd position;
• 64 th international scientific and practice conference of students and young scientists, November 3-4, 2010
The department staff on the 25 th of June 2010 participated in the action of Ukrainian Implantology Association dedicated to the 65 anniversary of the Victory in the Second World War.
On the 25 th of June 2010 25 in Kiev the Ukrainian Implantology Association held the action dedicated to the 65 anniversary of the Victory in the Second World War. 50 leading dentists and implantologists who represented all the regions of Ukraine (20% are the graduates of NMU named after O.O. Bogomolets) performed in Kiev (during a day – from 9 AM to 6 PM) 73 dental implantation surgeries for the veterans of the Second World War and for the persons born in time of war aged from 70 to 93 according to the protocol “All on Four”. At the end of the day the veterans received a new quality of life, able to eat and socialize properly.
The implantation surgeries were performed in the chief military hospital in Kiev with the assistance of the Ministry of Defense (a minister is M Ezhel’), Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine (a minister is Z. M. Mytnyk) and V.F. Moskalenko – the rector of NMU named after O.O. Bogomolets.
A permanent dental prosthesis of some veterans will be performed at the department of dental orthopedics of a National Medical University named after O.O. Bogomolets.
Associate professor Kuts P.V. in a surgery room
The assistants Koval’ E.A. and Mykhailov A.A. during the veteran