Department of Surgery with a course of emergency and vascular surgery
Responsible Executive: Assoc. Leonid Markulan
Main tendencies of scientific activity:
- Treatment of surgical diseases of the abdominal cavity
- Vascular surgery
- Plastic surgery
During this time, the staff of the department conducted researches within the framework of 13 scientific researches pro-active scientific researches and 5 projects by state order.
Academic Research Works (ARW), conducted by state order:
- Development and objectives of methods of surgical treatment of patients with chronic pancreatitis with preservation of the functional state of the pancreas
- Optimization of treatment and rehabilitation of patients with acute myocardial infarction by developing and implementing comprehensive prevention of its early and late complications (2009-2011).
- Development and objectives of methods of surgical treatment of patients with aortic atherosclerosis, brachiocephalic and coronary arteries (2010-2012).
- Development of new medical technologies in the treatment of patients with chronic critical lower limb ischemia (2011-2013).
- New methods of diagnosis and prevention of cardiovascular complications in patients with various clinical forms of heart failure (2017-2019).
Independent research and development ARW:
- Individualization of modern technologies in plastic and reconstructive surgery (1997-2002).
- Optimization of methods of surgical treatment of cosmetic defects of the head, trunk, extremities (2002-2006).
- Innovations in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2007-2008).
- Development of methods of diagnostics and complex treatment of pathology of heart, main vessels, brain and lower extremities (2001-2003).
- Studying the causes of unsatisfactory result of surgical treatment of complicated cholecystitis and working out ways to improve the results of surgery in the near and distant periods (1999–2001).
- Complex therapy and prevention of gastrointestinal bleeding of erosive and ulcerative etiology in patients with coronary heart disease (2006-2007).
- Optimization of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of early and late complications of abdominal and proctologic operations (2010-2015).
- Innovations in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Development of new medical technologies in the treatment of patients with chronic critical lower limb ischemia.
- To develop and implement methods for the prevention, diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of thrombosis of the main venous vessels of the lower extremities and thromboembolism of the branches of the pulmonary artery and their consequences.
- Newest technologies in plastic and reconstructive surgery (2015-2019).
- To develop and substantiate methods of diagnosis, treatment and prevention
- Clinical and morphological objectives of the choice of treatment method for chronic constipation (2018-2020)
Nowadays, the sphere of scientific interests of the department covers the issues of surgery of the heart and vessels, abdominal organs, blood diseases, plastic and reconstructive surgery. Scientific works are being developed.
Much attention is paid to the development of modern technologies in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Experimental work is being carried out within the scientific search works of the department. Collaboration with the Karolinska Institute (Stockholm, Sweden) and with the Polytech company (Germany) is actively developing.
Multicenter randomized clinical trials in which the department participated
|Year||Trial||Matter of the trial|
|2004-2005||BAP 00154||Treatment of complicated infections of the skin and its structures|
|Since 2004||SP777, ІІІ phase||Treatment of chronic critical lower limb ischemia|
|2005-2007||BAP 00414||Treatment of complicated infections of the skin and its structures.|
|2007-2008||RELIEF 11974 phase lllb||Treatment of complicated infections of the skin and its structures|
|2008-2010||RECOVER phase III||Treatment of acute deep vein thrombosis|
|2008-2010||REMEDY phase III||Prevention of deep vein thrombosis|
|2009-2013||TAMARIS EFC6145 phase III||Treatment of patients with chronic lower extremity ischemia and skin lesions.|
|2010-2013||LEX-205, phase ІІІ||Treatment of patients requiring urgent surgery or invasive procedures.|
|Since 2013||EUCLID A phase ІІІb||A study comparing ticagrelor with the treatment of clopidogrel with the risk of cardiovascular death, myocardial infarction and ischemic stroke in patients with peripheral artery disease.|
As part of the ARW, 5 doctoral and 27 PhD theses were defended by the department’s staff.
- Smorzhevsky V.Y. Surgical treatment of combined atherosclerotic occlusions of the lower extremity arteries and heart, 2002;
- Khrapach V.V. Surgical treatment of cosmetic defects of the head, trunk, extremities using the support and fixation systems of soft tissues, 2007;
- Cherniak V.A. Diagnosis and Surgical Treatment of Chronic Critical Lower Limb Ischemia Combined with Multifocal Atherosclerosis, 2008;
- Rodin Yu.V. Clinic, diagnosis and surgical treatment of chronic cerebral circulation failure, atherosclerotic stenosis and carotid gyrus, 2010;
- Shudrak A.A. Differentiated approach to the choice of surgical treatment for chronic hemorrhoids, 2014;
- Tsema Ye.V. Differentiated approach to the choice of method of surgical treatment of chronic hemorrhoids of pilonidal disease, 2014.
- Litvinova N.Yu. Surgical treatment of atherosclerotic lesions of brachiocephalic arteries in patients with concomitant ischemic heart disease, 14.01.04 – Cardiovascular Surgery, 2005.
- Hoida S.M. Prevention and treatment of postoperative choledocholithiasis, 14.01.03 – Surgery, 2005.
- Volyk О.Т. Diagnosis and surgical tactics in chronic duodenal patency disorders in patients with chronic calculous cholecystitis. 01/14/03 – Surgery, 2006
- Al-Dababseh Islam Mohhamad Diagnosis and treatment of patients with chronic critical limb ischemia (clinical trial) 14.01.04 – Cardiovascular Surgery, 2007
- Leshchyshymn І.М. Complex treatment and prevention of erosive and ulcerative acute gastroduodenal bleeding in patients with myocardial infarction, 14.01.03 – Surgery, 2008.
- Honza R.V. Surgical treatment of cosmetic defects of the mammary glands, 14.01.03 – Surgery, 2008.
- Koshevsky Yu.I. Diagnosis and treatment of patients with chronic lower extremity ischemia stage III and IV14.01.03 – Surgery
- Tsema Ye.V. Objectivs and evaluation of the effectiveness of minimally invasive methods in the treatment of internal hemorrhoids. 01/14/03 – Surgery, 2009
- Patlazhan H.I. Surgical treatment of complications of the correction of the mammary glands, carried out by injection of polyacrylamide gel, 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2010.
- Koval B.M. Diagnosis and surgical treatment of chronic critical lower limb ischemia in patients with diabetes mellitus, 14.01.03 – Surgery, 2011.
- Myrgorodsky D.S. Thrombolytic therapy for acute venous thrombosis (experimental clinical study), 14.01.03 – Surgery, 2011.
- Malynovska L.B. Prevention of cardiac complications in the surgical treatment of patients with chronic ischemia of the lower extremities, combined with coronary heart disease, 14.01.03 – Surgery, 2011.
- Sliusarev I/Yu. Prevention and treatment of relapses of cosmetic defects of the mammary glands after performing aesthetic mammoplasty, 01/14/03 – Surgery, 2011r.
- Kostromin H.O. Surgical treatment of patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm in combination with coronary heart disease 14.01.04 – Cardiovascular Surgery, 2012.
- Kozubovych R.М. Peculiarities of Diagnosis and Specialized Assistance to Patients with Hypocoagulation Syndrome in Urgent Abdominal Surgery, 01/14/31. – Hematology and Transfusion, 2012
- Beichuk S.V. Surgical treatment of acute thrombophlebitis of varicose veins in the prevention of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2012.
- Unukovych D.V. Different aspects of breast reconstruction. Contrateral profilactic mastectomy, postmastectomy radiotherapy, complications after biomaterials injection Stockholm, 2012 р.
- Sulik V.V.. Diagnosis and surgical treatment of patients with vertebral artery syndrome and extravasal compression, 14.01.04 – Cardiovascular Surgery, 2013.
- Shcherbynin I.M. Minimally invasive resection-draining operations in complex treatment of limb lymphoedema, 14.01.03 – Surgery, 2012.
- Okhotska О.І. Surgical correction of gender in patients with female transsexuality, 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2014.
- Kryvorchuk I.H. Acute mesenteric ischemia: features of treatment diagnostics and ways of their correction. 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2015.
- Byk P.L. Prevention and treatment of malignant disease of the peritoneum in open abdominal operations with the opening of the lumen of the digestive canal, 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2015.
- Nazarenko І.А. Surgical treatment of complications of aesthetic mammoplasty. 14.01.03. – surgery, 2015.
- Ossovsky О.V. Objectives and evaluation of the effectiveness of video-laparoscopic methods in the treatment of patients with acute appendicitis (clinical experimental study). 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2016.
- Ivantsok V.M. Surgical treatment of complicated forms of acute cholecystitis using laparoscopic technique in the elderly and senile with concomitant coronary heart disease. 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2016.
- Zavodovsky Ye.S. Prevention and treatment of surgical complications of peritoneal dialysis in patients with end-stage chronic kidney disease. 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2016.
- Matveyev R.M. Efferent and minimally invasive methods in the complex treatment of patients with destructive forms of acute pancreatitis. 14.01.03. – Surgery, 2016.
- Kuzmenko О.V. Endovenous laser coagulation with different types of fibers in the surgical treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities. 01/14/03 – Surgery, 2018
- Kondakova О. Yu. Surgical treatment of patients with combined diseases of abdominal organs and ptosis of its anterior wall. 01.14.03 – Surgery, 2018
The implementation of research and development was also accompanied by a wide publication of the results obtained in periodicals, monographs, manuals, etc. Thus, during these years the staff of the department published 42 books and scientific manuals for medical universities of III – IV accreditation levels, with the help of which students of Ukraine study surgery, 18 monographs, 16 manuals, 12 brochures and digest of scientific works, 3 information sheets. It should also be noted that the department participated in the development of three Ukrainian consensus: the treatment of patients with varicose veins of the lower extremities; diagnosis and treatment of patients with chronic critical lower limb ischemia combined with multifocal atherosclerosis; the use of anti-embolic inferior vena cava filter for the prevention of pulmonary embolism.
Thus, during the years of department existence, its specialists have published 18 monographs, 3 volumes of lectures on surgical diseases in two editions, more than 968 scientific works, including 582 articles (61 of them in foreign journals) and 386 theses on problems of abdominal, plastic, cardiovascular surgery made 350 reports at scientific and practical conferences, received 140 patents of invention, defended 29 PhD theses and 6 doctoral theses.
Obtaining 140 patents of invention of Ukraine should be considered as essential property of the scientific activity of the department.
The scientific achievements of the department were comprehensively covered in international (72) and Ukrainian (223) scientific forums. The department was the organizer of 17 and co-organizers of more than 50 international scientific and practical conferences.