Department of Surgery with a course of emergency and vascular surgery
MEDICAL AND ADVISORY WORK
Responsible Officer: Assoc. Oleg Balaban
The clinical bases of the department are located in city hospitals, as well as in a military hospital, that provides a wide specialization of professionals in various fields of surgery, which is important in the educational process, in particular if it is appropriate to carry out it in accordance with the principles of the Bologna process. On the clinical bases of the Department of Surgery with a course of emergency and vascular surgery, about 5,000 surgical interventions are performed annually. Head of the Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery at the Kyiv City Clinical Hospital of Emergency Care (Assoc. Prof. Lobanov), the Department of PolytraumaInjury at the Kyiv City Clinical Hospital # 17 (Ass. Myasnikov), Deputy Chief Doctor of Surgery at Oleksandrivska Clinical Hospital (Assoc. Kryvorchuk) and the Deputy Director for medical-coordination work of the National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery named after M.M. Amosov (Prof. Rudenko) is the staff of our department who take an active part in its educational, scientific, methodical and medical life.
The basic areas of the department:
- Introduction of modern methods of treatment of necrotizing pancreatitis.
- Introduction of the newest methods of treatment of acute surgical diseases of abdominal organs.
- Surgical treatment of multifocal atherosclerosis and its complications.
- Treatment of chronic critical limb ischemia.
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary artery thromboembolism.
- Surgery of the heart and main vessels
- Treatment of coronary heart disease and pathology of the heart valves.
- Surgery for traumatic injuries of abdominal and chest organs.
The latest technologies introduced by the staff of the department
- Use of choledochoscopic interventions for choledocholithiasis
- Laparoscopic interventions for tumors of the pancreas
- Surgical treatment of vertebral artery compression syndrome has been initiated for the first time in Ukraine.
Syndrome of extravasal compression of vertebral arteries
- Application of the latest Olympus Thunderbeat electrosurgical unit for bloodless tissue dissection
- Plasmapheresis in diseases accompanied by severe intoxication and autoimmune diseases.
Plasmapheresis of a patient with destructive pancreatitis
Scheme of the plasmapheresis apparatus.
- Introduction of new methods of surgical treatment of patients with disorders of hemostasis, in particular in hemophilia.
A pseudotumor of the thigh in a patient with hemophilia-A.
Synovectomy from the knee joint in a patient with hemophilia
Knee joint prosthetics.
- Introduction of the newest minimally invasive methods of treatment of varicose veins, such as endovenous laser coagulation and miniflebectomy.
|Endovenous laser coagulation||Miniflebectomy|
- Puncture and drainage of fluid formations under ultrasound control
|Drainage of fluid formations under ultrasound control|
- Introduction of new technologies of tissue fixation in plastic surgery.
A new technique for tissue fixation in mammoplasty.
Improving traditional operations and developing and implementing new technologies.
- Extension of laparoscopic interventions
- Minimally invasive methods of treatment of mechanical jaundice
- Simultaneous operations
- Extracorporeal detoxification methods.
- Bariatric surgery.
- Treatment of breast tumors with instantaneous prosthesis
- Operations on brachiocephalic arteries, aorta (prosthetics and endovascular interventions), peripheral vessels.
- Laser vein surgery
- Expanding the spectrum of cardiac surgery
- Endovascular intervention in cardiac valve pathology.
- Surgical treatment of heart failure
Clinical sites of the department:
І. Main clinical site:
Oleksandrivska City Clinical Hospital Kyiv: 39/1 Shovkovychna str., 6A building.
Oleksandrivska City Clinical Hospital Kyiv.
Head of the Clinic: Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Yaroslav Susak.
- Department of General Surgery.
Building 6-А, 5thfloor, tel. 287-37-60.
Head of the Dept: SerhiyVamush.
Department staff: Deputy Chief Doctor on Surgery Acc. Kryvorchuk, Prof. Burka, Assos. Prof. Leshchyshyn, Goida, Balaban, Markulan, Gonza, Kostromin, AsisstantsByk, Matveiev, Okhotska, Res. Tech. Burakov, Pidchenko.
List of medical services provided in the Department of General Surgery:
- Surgery for diseases of the liver and extrahepatic bile ducts: laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy, all types of biliary digestive anastomoses, liver resection, removal of liver cysts, hemigepatectomy, microwave destruction of metastases, pancreatoduodenation.
- Minimally invasive and laparoscopic surgery of abdominal and retroperitoneal organs.
- Surgical treatment of all urgent diseases of abdominal organs.
- Surgical treatment of abdominal hernias, including giant, combined and recurrent hernias. Gernioplasty using allotransplants and own tissues,
- Surgical treatment of cosmetic defects of the anterior abdominal wall (abdominoplasty), including in combination with other diseases of the abdominal organs.
- Surgical treatment of diseases of the abdominal esophagus: diaphragmatic hernia, achalasia of the cardia.
- Surgery in pathology of the stomach and duodenum: vagotomy (all types), pyloroplasty, resection of the stomach, gastrectomy, endoscopic removal of gastric polyps.
- Surgery for combined pathology of abdominal organs.
- Surgical treatment of chronic intestinal obstruction, chronic constipation, atonic colitis.
- Surgical treatment of diseases of the rectum: hemorrhoids, paraproctitis, fistula, tumors.
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities.
The latest endoscopy equipment purchased from NMU at the Oleksandrivska Clinical Hospital
2.Department of Vascular Surgery:
Address:Building 6, 4th floor, т. (044) 255 15 48
Head of the Department: Candidate of Medical Sciences Sviatoslav Beychuk
Department staff:Assoc. Prof. Seliuk, Ass. Kuzmenko,As-tKostromin,Res. Tech. Makhynia, Pidchenko.
List of medical services provided in the Department of Vascular Surgery:
- Surgical treatment of lesions of the aorta of the thoracic and abdominal compartments (acute stratification, chronic aneurysms), pathology of vessels of the aortic arch;
- Surgical treatment of pathology of the main vessels;
- Surgical treatment of chronic venous insufficiency
- Endovascular laser coagulation in varicose veins
- Examination and treatment of patients with pulmonary embolism and post-thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
ІІ Kyiv City Clinic of Emergency Care
Address: 3 Bratyslavska str., Kyiv
The clinical site of the department is based on the specialized department of hepatopancreatobiliary surgery at the Kyiv City Clinical Hospital of Emergency Care.
Scientific adviser of the department – Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Susak, head of the department – Doctor of Medical Sciences, Assoc. Prof. Lobanov
Department staff: Professor Susak, Assoc. Prof. Lobanov, Assoc. Prof. Maksymenko, As-tLobanova, Res. Tech. Tiuliukin, Korotia.
List of medical services provided in the Department:
- Surgical treatment of all urgent diseases of abdominal organs.
- Surgical treatment of mechanical jaundice
- Choledochoscopic removal of choledochal calculi in choledocholithiasis
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- Endoscopic papilosphincterotomy and removal of choledochal calculi.
- Stenting of bile ducts
- Surgical treatment of pancreatic tumors incl. laparoscopic etching.
- Surgical treatment of abdominal hernias, incl. laparoscopic hernioplasty.
- Surgical treatment of diseases of the abdominal department of the esophagus in an open and laparoscopic way: diaphragmatic hernias, cardiac achalasia.
- Surgery for pathology of the stomach and duodenum: pyloroplasty, resection of the stomach, gastrectomy, endoscopic removal of gastric polyps.
- Surgery for diseases of the liver and extrahepatic bile ducts: laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy, all types of biliary digestive anastomoses, liver resection, removal of liver cysts, hemigepatectomy, microwave destruction of metastases.
- Cryosurgical interventions
- Treatment of necrotic pancreatitis.
- Drainage of fluid formations of abdominal cavity under ultrasound control.
|Drainage of a limited fluid cluster under ultrasound control||ERCP and Endoscopic papilosphincterotomywith choledocholithiasis|
Laparoscopic choledochoscopy with lithoextraction with choledocholithiasis
|Cryopuls apparatus||Cryodestruction of a liver tumor|
ІІІ.Kyiv City Clinic №9
Kyiv City Clinic №9
Address: Kyiv. Shevchenko district, 1 Ryzka str. 5th floor (the Surgery Department, scientific and practical center of diagnostics and treatment of patients with pathology of hemostasis).
Head of the Department– Associate Professor of the department of Surgery with the course of emergency and vascular surgery Oleksander Sopko.
Tel. (staffroom 440-03-22)
Department staff: Professor Bondarev,Assoc. Prof. Kozubovych, As-t Zaria, As-t Malynovska, As-t Ivantsiuk.
- Emergency and planned abdominal, purulent surgery in patients with hemostatic disorders.
- Laparoscopic surgery:
- Laparoscopic sutures are sutured.
- Operative interventions in patients with acquired disorders of the hemostasis system.
- Surgical interventions in patients with hemophilia:
- Removal of pseudotumors
- Prosthetics of the hip and knee joints
ІV. MAIN MILITARY MEDICAL CLINICAL CENTER «MMCH»
Address: 01133,Kyiv, 18 Hospitalna str., Surgery building, Vascular Surgery Clinic, 4th floor. Department staff: Professor Tsema, Assoc. Prof. Koval, Assoc. Prof. Myrgorodsky.
Main Military Medical Centre
List of medical services provided in the Vascular Surgery Clinic:
- surgery on the aorta and its branches (aneurysms of the abdominal aorta, mesenteric ischemia, renal artery damage, spinal cord ischemia);
- surgery on the arteries (concerning acute and chronic complications of obliterating diseases and aneurysms of the main arteries of the upper and lower extremities);
- surgery in case of lesions of extracranial arteries (atherosclerotic theft of carotid, subclavian, vertebral arteries, pathological tortuosity and compression lesions of the arteries, vertebral artery syndrome);
- surgical treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities (according to the classical method and with the use of minimally invasive technologies –sclerotherapy of veins, radiofrequency ablation);
- treatment of acute and chronic pathology of the deep and superficial veins, their complications (thrombophlebitis, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, post-thrombotic syndrome);
- treatment of trophic ulcers of the lower extremities;
- surgery to create vascular access for hemodialysis patients;
- surgery for angiodysplasias and tumors of blood vessels (hemangiomas, arteriovenous fistula);
- varicocele treatment;
V Kyiv City ClinicHospital №17
Address: 18 Laboratorny side str., Kyiv Department staff: Dmytro Miasnikov, Head of Polytrauma Department, Assistant of the Surgery Department with the course of emergency and vascular surgery.
List of medical services provided in the Polytrauma and Thoracic SurgeryClinic:
- Surgery for traumatic injuries of the chest and abdominal cavity.
- Lung surgery for benign and malignant neoplasms, suppurative processes and congenital pathology;
- Diaphragm surgery (diaphragmatic hernia, diaphragm relaxation, tumors)
- Mediastinitis surgery (mediastinitis, benign and malignant tumors)
- Surgery of chest wall tumors.
- Treatment of scarring of the esophagus.
- Reconstructive surgery of the esophagus, trachea and bronchi with benign and malignant neoplasms and scar stenosis.
Surgery in Polytrauma Department
VI AMOSOV NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY
Address: 6 Amosov str., 03038, Kyiv, Ukraine
Department staff: Deputy Director for Medical Coordination Kostiantyn Rudenko, Doctor of Medical Sciences, chief freelance specialist of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine in the specialty “Surgery of the heart and main vessels”, Professor of the department of surgery with a course of emergency and vascular surgery.
AMOSOV NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY
- Pathology of the thoracic and abdominal aorta
- Coronary heart disease
- Myocardial pathology and mechanical heart support
- Heart rhythm disturbance
- Tumors of the heart
- Congenital child’s heart disorder
- Obstetric cardiology
- Infectious endocarditis
- Vascular surgery
- Acquired heart defects
- Emergency cardiac surgery
|In the OR||Professor Rudenko with students|